PREP TIME: 25 minutes
COOK TIME:10 minutes
• 3 cups flour
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4tablespoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
• 1 cup whole milk
• Flour for dusting
The secret to excellent biscuits is COLD butter. Cut butter into small pieces and put back in the fridge until ready to use in your biscuits.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to remove any lumps and mix well.
2. Add cold butter slices and work into flour with a pastry cutter or fork.
3. Fold in egg and milk.
4. Flour hands and surface and turn dough out onto the surface. If you don’ t have a pastry sheet, use waxed paper.
5. The dough will be sticky. Keep adding a little flour till you can roll it out about 11/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass.
6. Place cut biscuits in a Homemade Southern Biscuits and bake at 325°F for 10 Min.